In the Media Center, I can...use a research process to conduct research, use digital and print resources to find information, and use technology to express what I learn.
Throughout February and March, all grade levels will be using the eWISE research process to conduct research in order to make a decision about which book they will vote for in the North Carolina Children's Book Award contest. Students will apply the steps in eWISE to this research in the following way:
- WONDER-- Which book will I vote for?
- INVESTIGATE-- Read all of the nominated books.
- SYNTHESIZE-- Compare the books. Evaluate them based on my personal criteria for what makes a good book.
- EXPRESS-- Post comments on our library blog, write book reviews of the books, create posters and commercials to campaign for a book, and of course, vote!
- evaluate-- Am I on track? Have I read at least 5 of the nominated books? Can I explain my opinion of each book with evidence from the text?
Learn more about this year's nominated books, view related activities, and read or post comments about the books by clicking on the button for the NCCBA blog.